Skip to main content

Road Traffic Incident and Damage to Property

We are sorry to hear that you have been involved in an incident with one of our vehicles or that there has been damage to property involving either a Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust (the Trust) vehicle or staff member.

You can contact the Trust about this matter in various ways:-

Jason Killens
Chief Executive
Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust Headquarters
Ty Elwy
Unit 7
Ffordd Richard Davies
St Asaph Business Park
St Asaph
LL17 0LJ

Important Coronavirus information
Due to the global pandemic of COVID-19, our ability to deal with the issues raised with us within the normal time span will be challenged.  As the Trust continually monitors and deploys staff to support core functions such as the 111 telephone triage, and face to face clinical assessment of our patients, there will be reduced capacity within the Legal Services Team during this pandemic. Please be assured that claims received will be reviewed and investigated as soon as possible.

The team wishes to thank you for your understanding and co-operation during this difficult and challenging time.

What we will need from you
When raising your claim with the Trust, we will ask you for information to enable us to identify the incident and allow us to investigate your claim accurately and in a timely manner.  The information we will require in the first instance is;

  • Your full name, address and preferred contact details e.g. telephone number or email address
  • The date the incident took place
  • The time the incident took place
  • The location the incident took place
  • Your registration number (if applicable)
  • Our registration number (if applicable/known)
  • The reason for your claim (please include as much detail as possible with regards what happened)
  • Any specific requirements for further contact or feedback, such as preferred language or to inform us of any sensory impairment we may need to consider

What happens next?
The Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust (the Trust) is self-insured.  We will deal with claims received in relation to road traffic incidents and damage to personal property in-house.  The Trust may decide to instruct Solicitors, in which case we will inform you.  This is because some claims are more complex than others but our aim is to deal with matters as quickly and efficiently as is possible.

Informing us of the accident
As I am sure you will appreciate Trust staff do not work within an office environment and therefore the Trust requires them to complete a Road Traffic Collision Form as soon as is practicable following an incident.  This may mean that it will be some time before the Trust is made aware of the incident.  This is why we request that you provide us with as much information as possible.

Share On: